Thursday, September 18, 2008

Big Boy Bed!!!!!

It finally happened. When we got back from Las Vegas 2 weekends ago, Lex would not go to bed. He would cry and then get so mad he would crawl out of his crib. Sometimes not so gracefully. He finally fell one night and bonked his head pretty hard. I had enough. After talking with a lot of people, I felt like I had 2 options. Either buy one of those crib tents or buy him a toddler bed.
I went with the first. I tried looking every where for the dumb crib tent. I couldn't find one and I couldn't wait another night to order of the Internet. So, I bought a bed. He was so excited after we set it up. He loved it. He got right on it and jumped around.

I read him a story and said our prayers. This was Saturday night. We closed the door and that is when the crying began. I was in tears as well. He was so funny. He would get out of the bed and go to the door knob to try to open it. It broke my heart. Then after awhile, he would go back to the bed and so on back and forth. At 11:30 pm I checked in on him to see if he was asleep on the floor or in his bed. To my surprise he was on his bed. I was so happy!! He only cried for about 23 mins the first night. 4 mins the next night and none the last 2 nights. He is doing really well in his big boy bed.
This last Sunday was also Lex's first time in nursery!!!! We got him ready for church and lately he has been hating wearing ties. He tugs and pulls at them.
You can see he was successful at pulling it off. I was not happy but I can't force him either.
He was tired. He fell asleep in sacrament and didn't go to nursery until the last hour.
He did ok. I hope this next Sunday he does even better. I know he loves snack time.
These are his new shoes I got him. I love them.

9 comments:

just jen said...

he's a bigger boy than logan. logan is a crib baby.

what is that weird blanket on the floor in the first picture?

it looks like it's from the 80's...

Lindz said...

I laid down a blanket just in case he fell asleep on the floor. Because I am weird about nice blankets on the floor, I grabbed an ugly one. Don't tell Ben I said that. It was his when he was younger so I guess it is a 80's blanket.

Nicole said...

that's so great that he's doing so great in his big boy bed! i bet that's a relief for you! and those shoes are adorable, i've been looking for some like that for landon-where did you get them?

Rachel Leigh said...

I love the shoes! I think he has done a great job with sleeping in his bed. He is so brave. Love that little boy!

Mrs. Misses said...

Great job with the big boy bed! It's so hard to hear them cry but I am so proud of you for sticking to it and not going in and rescuing him. You are a hot mama.

We have a bed in bren's room along with his crib but he hasn't started crawling out of it yet so we're not in any hurry. We'll take a lesson from you, though!

Ashley said...

You are so ahead of me!!! I have been meaning to put Kayson in a regular bed for such a long time but then that means I have to take apart his crib...just too much work! So most of the time he successfully climbs out of it and knocks on the door or yells MOMMY!

The shoes are adorable!

Charlotte said...

lex is such a cute boy! i'm excited to see you guys this week! :)

Angela said...

I'd be crying too...what am i saying, I just got done crying! But yeah that he is all well now! Gotta love that switch.

mikeandash said...

What a big boy! His own bed already.
The shoes are very cute!