Friday, September 12, 2008

August in a hurry

The month of August flew by. We had a lot of fun. I even cooked some. The first pic is of what they call cinnamon blini's. They are super easy to make and really yummy. I made a ton and they go fast.
Then I tried making cafe rio salad all from home. I made the sweet pork. It was delicious. I made Ashley's cilantro dressing, which was to die for. thanks.

In the month of August at Thanksgiving point, all their attractions were 2 dollars. Ben and I went a couple of times before school started.
I guess because Ben grew up on a farm he had a great time showing Lex around. Lex loved the farm and I would recommend it to anyone with kids.
He was not afraid of any of the animals. He would stick his hand out to let all the animals lick him. Gross to me. I think they stink and I am allergic to everything.
Lex even had fun playing in the little kid houses that were there to play with.


Lex had the most fun feeding the animals. He would laugh every time they would lick his hand. I guess it tickled him. There is the video of him and it is so cute.
Lex even got to ride the pony. I thought he wouldn't do it but he had a blast. I think after it was done he wanted to go again.
On another tuesday we went to the dinosaur museum. Lex thought it was ok but I really think it is for older kids.
I like this picture of the fam. I love the dinosaur shadow in the background.

This is Megaladon and Ben was feeding him. This picture was shot for Wendy and Damien. It really is called megaladon.
They had a place where the kids could dig up the fossils. Lex did not do that. He was just excited to play in the sand with the kids.



5 comments:

just jen said...

those blinis look yummy.

i probably need the recipe...please email it to me.

Nicole said...

so cute-i love the video!

Angela said...

Love it! I didn't know ALL of the attractions were only $2. I thought only the dinosaurs on Tuesdays? Why didn't you call me!? Fun fun.

Angela said...

Hey I go to www.elizabethjensonphotography.com. She charges I think $125 for your whole session and a CD of 40 of the pictures. You can then order your prints through her or take your CD and do it yourself. I really like her because of the brilliant colors she accentuates and unique positions of camera angels and they way she has the family set up for shooting.

Rachel Leigh said...

so you finally blogged! Good for you! Lex is the cutest little boy! He is so funny too! Are you ever going to comment on my blog or what?