Friday, August 8, 2008

Lex Loves the Movies

Let me rephrase that, Lex loves the movies with grandma and grandpa. Lets list the differences:
1. Grandma and grandpa have popcorn
2. They have soda
3. They don't get as embarrassed when he yells uh oh really loud right before the movie starts and the lights go down.
4. Most important one they have more patience and are willing to miss some of the movie to settle him down.
I never knew what a huge popcorn fan Lex really was.
He is so happy with Grandpa.
Lex recently has seen Kung Fu Panda, Mamma Mia, and Iron Man.
We went with him to Kung Fu Panda and Iron man. At Kung Fu Panda he just sat in grandpas lap and sat still and was even laughing at the movie. He eventually fell asleep.
My mom took him to Mamma Mia while Ben and I got to see the new Batman movie. I was very thankful for that. My mom said he loved it. He was dancing all over the place and clapping.
Last night, we all went to go see Iron Man. It was a really good movie. I know you all have seen it. I never get out and it barely reached the dollar movies, yay! My mom was so good. She took him out so Ben and I didn't have to miss a thing.
I love my mom and dad so much they take care of Lex a lot, so Ben and I can have a life.
I especially love when my mom will still change one of Lex's poopy diapers when I am there. I can't express enough gratitude. I love you guys!

8 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so impressive! Way to go lex! last time, Aaron ended up driving landon around in the car the whole time so he could sleep. But we'll remember the great tips next time-popcorn is the key. What a cute post.

just jen said...

i miss the days of being able to go and see a movie every weekend while mom watched my kids.

i really, REALLY miss it!

you should be more thankful!

Emily B said...

You are a brave woman to take your one-year-old to the movies. We tried to see Narnia, and that is the last time I'm taking William to the movies until he is like three. He was a nightmare. I guess it helps to have grandparents there who don't mind missing the movie to help with the baby.

Rachel Leigh said...

I love that little guy. He is such a funny kid. I love the squinty face he is making in that picture.

Wendy said...

Wow, I'm impressed that he's so good in the movies! We took Jules to her first movie a few weeks ago (at the dollar theatre so we wouldn't be annoyed if we had to leave), and she did really well, but she wouldn't have at Lex's age. He's such a little man.

mikeandash said...

I'm with him on the popcorn. It's one of our favorite things. That's so fun that he gets to be around his grandparents so often.

Mrs. Misses said...

I almost took cam and Bren to the movies over the weekend to see Kung Fu Panda. I had to psyche myself up the whole way thinking like, if lex can do it, my kids can do it! I just need lots of treats. They can do it! Lex did it so they can do it!!

And then the movie was sold out.

Kirsten said...

Mmmm...popcorn. That to me is the cutest picture! I really think lex could be a baby model, he is so cute and photogenic.