Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Kayson!

Today we went to Kayson's 2nd birthday party!
Here they are playing in the puddle on the street instead of a nice slide.
The bigger kids like the slide and the younger ones would rather splash around.
I got Lex down the slide a couple days earlier. You can tell he didn't like it though. I try.
Candace and her crafty skills made a Mickey Mouse pinata. Lex had his turn and of course didn't do much damage. He sure did have fun. he was so excited!
After hitting it a couple times, he stopped and clapped for himself. Yay Lex!
Ethan tore the pinata apart.
There was candy galore! Lex couldn't wait, you can see here he is eating through the wrapper.
He was in heaven with all this candy around.
I finally unwrapped a piece so he could eat it.
He was so happy. I tried a piece, it was yummy.
He just sat there and ate the candy while the other kids around him cleaned up and put the candy in their bags. Lex just had a hoard underneath his butt.
Here is the birthday boy and his cake. He likes to share.
So does his mommy! Later on, it turned into a cake war.
Ash got my mom pretty good. She didn't even know what hit her.
Candace got Lex much to the dismay of his father. He does look cute, huh?
Of course he had to have some cake. Grandma helped him because I was not going to get in this cake war.
Here is Kayson opening the gift Lex gave him. Happy Birthday.
Thanks to Ash, it was an amazing birthday party and it was a lot of fun.
Can we and be we I mean can I come over again and go down the slide???

11 comments:

Nicole said...

i love the picture where he's clapping for himself! so adorable!

yes, we should get together so i can bore you with digiscrappin'! :D but i will warn you because it's so addicting!

Emily B said...

What a fun party for Lex. I love the birthday boy's hair.

That's crazy that you know Spencer. I noticed in their wedding video that he went to Timpanogos, so I figured he was from Orem. I wish you would have come. It would have been nice to see you.

Sarah said...

The party looked like tons of fun and who doesn't like candy??? I sure do. The slide looks like it was tons of fun.

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

My favorite is Lex hoarding his candy under his butt! That's hilarious! Kids do the funniest things!

Ashley said...

You are so on top of things!!! I haven't even had time to download my pictures on the computer!

Yes, you can come over whenever and play on the waterslide...as long as you don't kill our grass! HAHAH

just jen said...

so funny!

i love the one of mom with cake all over her face, and then in the next picture of her she is looking nervously at somebody.

LOVE IT!

Rachel Leigh said...

It was a fun party. I liked the food. I was a little disappointed that you didn't have your swimsuit so we could play again.

Mrs. Misses said...

Looks like fun. Who's Kayson again?

Lindz said...

Kayson is Barbaras grandson, ashleys daughter.
my mom is bff with barbara down the street.

mikeandash said...

That's so funny that Lex wanted to play in the puddle on the street instead of that fun pool. I guess it's like Christmas with little ones when the box is more exciting than the present.
Great pictures of cake fights. What a fun family!

Angela said...

Cake fight huh?! Awesome!