Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Last Saturday was my Abuelita's birthday! She turned 88!I love my grandma so much! Ever since I was little I always remember her telling me that she was never going to live long enough to see me graduate, to get married, to see me have kids, and so on. But she did and I could not be happier. She has been such a positive influence in my life. She is the most kind hearted, selfless, giving, caring, person I have ever met.
Lex tried helping her blow out her candles. It was adorable. He even gave her a kiss. Of course it was too fast for me to actually catch it with my camera.
My lovely husband even made it to the festivities. He had a lot of homework, in fact he still does. I guess it never ends.
The cousins were outside playing and I don't know whose idea it was but the hose got turned on and all the kids had a hay day getting each other wet. Of course Lex joined in and got drenched. Some kid would get him and he would wine but then we would laugh and go right in the middle of the mayhem. I think he didn't like how cold the water felt. He would forget and do it all over again. Kids are so funny.
Did I tell you he was obsessed with water??

4 comments:

just jen said...

sounds like so much fun...but what did you have to eat?

lex is a crazy water head.

Kristen M said...

That is such a great picture of you and Ben together. Awwww. So cute. And Lex is too. :)

Nicole said...

i agree about the picture of you and ben--you guys look so cute together!

Rachel Leigh said...

I love abuelita too. The pictures of Lex are adorable. He is such a funny little boy. I loved how he kept running back in just to scream again.