Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Since we had plenty of snow this weekend.... we decided to have some fun with it!
Charles and I decided to built a igloo. We use to attempt when we were younger but only ever finished one before this glorious one.I call it a "beehive". It is not the prettiest thing but we finished it. Charles, me, Rach, Kelsey, and Adam all helped.

I can even get in it and almost stand up inside. The kids love playing in it.

In the front yard the kids wanted to build a snowman.
Here they are trying to make snow angels. I don't think Lex really got the whole concept.
Here is all of us who built the snowman. Ta da!
It turned out to be a very good snowman if I don't say so myself.
It was tough work.

Lex helped by cleaning off my car. It said it was a "mess".

Lex was in charge of putting one of the snowman's arms in.
Cute Kelsey and Alyssa in all their snow gear.
Lex tried rolling the big ball of snow. He had so much fun in the snow. I am glad we were finally able to play in the snow before winter was over!
I have to admit Charles did most of it. He did all the heavy lifting. There was no way we could have done it without Uncle Chucky. Love you.

7 comments:

just jen said...

that beehive is amazing...colin will be impressed.

i am impressed, you would never see me out there in the snow like that, yuck!

Sarah said...

I pretty much agree with Jen not my most favorite passtime! Looks like you had a fun time though.

Rachel Leigh said...

amazing! We are amazing, I mean. :) I am gonna have to steal some pics. LOVES

Kirsten said...

makes me a little jealous, being in the land of no snow! Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

Rachel said...

So fun! You and Rach are too cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colin said...

Not bad for a beginner, but you still have much to learn young one. Now I will demonstrate the power of my fully operational igloo.