Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rollercoaster


This time of year is a time of mixed emotions for me. The twins were born on Feb 23. It is my birthday on Mar. 2nd and also Alexa died on my birthday. The rest of March is filled with birthday fun. I really think there is a reason why Alexa died on my birthday. I think it helps to remind me where I am at in my life. If i am on the right path. It is a time of personal reflection. I remember being at the hospital right after she died. I didn't even realize it was my birthday until my father in law wished me a happy birthday. I have learned one thing, being a mom is a selfless act. Everything I do now is for my children. When I think about my lovely girls, I love my son that much more. I try never to take him for granted. I pray everyday to Heavenly Father and thank him for Lex. I think about my experiences I had while pregnant with the twins and the brief week I got to spend with my daughter Alexa. Hailey and her were absolutely beautiful angels. I will never forget Alexa's dark eyes gazing into my eyes. I will never forget! For my birthday wish, I want all of you mothers to give your children a big hug as I give Lex a big hug and a goodnight kiss.

9 comments:

Mrs. Misses said...

I don't understand why this happens or why you have to feel this sadness. I won't even compare what I went through to what you did. Any loss is difficult, but having those precious spirits with you is a whole different situation that I won't even begin to comprehend. All I know is that you are a STRONG woman with so many blessings and Heavenly Father loves you and you have many people who love you. I wish I knew what to say, but just know I love you!

Wendy said...

Happy birthday, Lindz. What a sweet post.

just jen said...

I love you and your courage to post something like this.

i want you to know that i gave connor and logan the biggest hugs today. i am so grateful to be their mom. i know alexa and hailey love their mommy too.(and lex of course).

happy birthday my sweet sister!

Kristen M said...

Happy Birthday to Hailey, Alexa, and of course you Lindz! I hope you had a great day today. I will make sure and give my boys great big hugs and even try to not take them for granted so much. Thanks for posting this. Your children are so lucky to have you as a mother! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

You're the best Lindz...We love and miss you guys SOOO much! I had Daniel kiss my tummy for both of us. I am SO grateful for your wisdom.

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

You have such a good attitude about everything! I'm really grateful you feel this way. Greg and I have been trying to have kids for a while now, and it's just not happening. I'm glad that some people truly appreciate their kids and the blessings they are, I mostly hear people complain and I think man, I'd do anything to be able to have one right now! So thanks for your good example!

martha corinna said...

Beautiful post. I will give all of my children a big kiss.

Emily B said...

I'm so glad you were blessed with such a beautiful, healthy boy after all you went through with the twins.

Stephanie said...

I had no idea. I can't imagine what you must have gone through. Thank you for the reminder to love my kids as much as I can possibly love them. They'll get an extra good night kiss tonight. Or two. Thank you for sharing that on your blog. You're an inspiration.