Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Ben!

Ok, so his birthday was about a week ago!
We started off his birthday up in SLC at Primary Children's for Lex's Dr. appointment for his eye. We found out he will be needing surgery. (He has had a clogged tear duct since birth) They had to dilate his eyes twice. The first time it didn't work. They said it is harder for darker eyes to dilate. I don't know if I believe that or not. He kicked and screamed the whole time. I would to. He doesn't know why someone is looking at his eyes. He did really well overall. In about 6 weeks or so he will be getting the surgery done!!!
This is Lex waiting for his eyes to be dilated. Good thing, they had a fun play area. We had to wait 20 minutes each time they tried to dilate his eyes.
Next, we went to yummy Cheesecake factory for Ben's birthday. It was so delicious!! We were to stuffed for dessert. We got the turtle cheesecake to go. The next day we ate it and it was to die for. I love their cheesecake. mmmm.
Then, at home we had a little celebration for him at my parents. I made Ben his favorite cake I make every year on his Birthday, German Chocolate. He loves it, not my personal favorite.
Rach made it to the celebration and just wanted her to see, she made the blog, YAY!

Happy Birthday Ben!!!! I hope you had a good day. As a present I got him 2 books by Robert Monroe. I have been reading his missionary journals and he wrote in their about these books he wanted to read when he got back. I asked subtly because you know me, I am sneaky, if he ever read them. He said no and so I got them for him. He was so surprised and he loved it so that made me so excited. I love my husband!

4 comments:

mikeandash said...

I'm sorry about Lex's eye. Good luck to both of you during the surgery. Happy birthday to Ben!

just jen said...

poor lexifer...that is going to be a tough surgery, mostly for you.

is ben 30 now??

Rachel Leigh said...

I love that jen calls him lexifer. Anyway, you did a good job on his present! He was so surprised! Good job! Is lex better yet? I want to come play with him...

Unknown said...

Isn't that the worst when the doctor is poking and prodding and your poor baby is screaming? I hate it...I think I dread the doctor as much as he does! Ha ha...I hope everything goes well with that! And Happy late birthday to Ben! You guys are the cutest little family =)