Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Grandma Naomi

My sweet grandma passed away late Sunday night. I just got back from Las Vegas and then we heard the bad news and went to go say "goodbye" at the hospital. She looked very peaceful. I will never forget her and the lessons she has taught me.
This picture is of her holding Lex when he was born. They really became really close. Lex would go with my dad to pick her up from dialysis every Mon, Wed, and Fri while I went to work out. Lex would always wander into grandma's room and give her hugs and kisses and tell her hi, just because. When he was younger he would pull all her tissues out. It didn't bother grandma, she loved him. I will miss her so much. I am glad she is "home" with her husband. She is an amazing woman and she will truly be missed by all.
I Love you Grandma Nao!

6 comments:

Alison said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is devastating losing a Grandparent. It is always bitter-sweet to have them return "home" and know they are at peace, but it seems to leave a void, at least for now. We love you!

Nicole said...

It looks like you were really close to her and that is so great that she had a great relationship with Lex and got to see him so much.It is hard to lose a grandparent, but I'm glad she is with her sweetheart.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Our prayers are with you, tell Jenni Hi for me too.

Wendy said...

Oh Lindsay. I'm so sorry. I know you loved your grandma so much and will miss her a lot.

just jen said...

sad for us, but so happy for her.

i loved being with you...every minute.

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma - things like that are always hard. We are so blessed to know and love great grandparents.
P.S. I found your blog - I didn't know you had one!