Thursday, January 17, 2008

Water Aerobics


Last week, I got my butt into gear and I started water aerobics. I had a few misconceptions though. I thought that only elderly people did it. I didn't really think it gave you much of a work out. To my surprise, these thoughts were not true. The people that go are of all ages. It is a hell of a work out if you do it right.
I decided I really needed to start doing exercises and since my back hurts, the water would be a perfect place to start. I joined the rec center and I go 3 times a week. Anyone who wants to join, I recommend it highly. I am sore in all the right places. My back still hurts, but it is a good place for me to start to get myself back into shape.

5 comments:

just jen said...

i love water aerobics...
it just feels so nice to be in the water and exercising at the same time. i need to go to my class again, but it is in the outdoor pool and i get chilly!

Kristen M said...

Way to go Lindz!! I'm so proud. I went to the rec center there a couple times over Christmas. I like what they've done with the place. It's a lot better deal than joining a gym too! Water is a good place for working out with injuries and stuff. I have been having some knee trouble, and thinking I'm gonna do some swimming to give them a break from the runninng for a little bit. It feels good to be exercising though doesn't it?! I love the way it makes me feel. Like I've actually done something during the day! haha.

Wendy said...

YAY Lindsay! My sister-in-law used to teach water aerobics, so I went once, and it was quite a workout. But everyone there was 90. I have a friend who swears it got rid of her cellulite, though. She says the friction from the water against her legs while she was working out got rid of it. You'll have to tell us if that happens- womankind will thank you.

martha corinna said...

If I didn't have such an aversion to public swimming pools water aerobics would be perfect.
But good for you!

Alison said...

I have been wanting to do this. When do you go? I would love to do it with you if you don't mind going with a fat pregnant lady:)