Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!


We started the New Year's party early on Sunday afternoon. For Preston and Julian's birthday party. Aren't they so cute?

On New Year's Eve Rach and I decided to go to Ikea. It was a good trip and I got some things that I really needed. I got a cool hamper for Lex's room and a spaghetti noodle holder. We even rang in the New Year with the Swedish. We even counted down. This is the only New Year taht Lex was able to stay up for. It was 5 pm our time. Yeah, Lex!! The bad part of the trip is that Lex had an explosion up his diaper and down. This was probably one of the few times I did not bring an extra pair of clothes for him. I go into the bathroom to change him and I mean it was everywhere. I had to have Rachel help me. She was about to throw up she said it smelled so bad. She stayed and help so I am thankful. Lex is not the easiest to let change his diaper he tries to wiggle his way out of it.................


This is what he had left on after the poop diaper. He was cute right??? He did have his jean jacket on and I covered his legs with his blanket so he wasn't so cold. Oh well. live and learn right?
Since Lex goes to bed before 9pm, We had decided we just wouldn't stay up and just go to bed. Well, that did not happen. We stayed up until 3am. I woke up the next morning at 6:30am to feed Lex. I was so tired and still am a bit. I know it was harder on Ben than me. Moms are good at staying awake and being restless and still managing somehow to function. We had a lot of fun playing games. The favorite of the night was scum. We are addicted, well I am. I will be PRESIDENT!

4 comments:

just jen said...

men can't do what women do...that's all i'm saying.

Rachel Leigh said...

ya, that poop was nasty, I am glad you still feel like I helped, cause I don't feel like I did. I can't believe how bad it was though! What did you feed that boy??

martha corinna said...

That last picture is a beauty!

Mrs. Misses said...

I was about to be so mad that you kept Lex up until midnight!! And then I realized what you meant.... you guys have fun. Happy New Year!