Monday, October 27, 2008

Latin festival

In my grandma's stake they celebrated all the central and south american countries. They set up booths and provede food from different countries. They had so much food there. I ate way too much, I just had to try everything. Lex even tried all the food.
Here is some of the family that also came.
Here is Lex and I posing by one of the booths.

This is a crazy hat they wear in Bolivia.


This is my grandma and her booth. She made saltenas and a peanut soup, I forget the name.

Just finishing up our food waiting for the program to start.



This is my cousins son, Benny. he did the dance in the video below. He is awesome!


They even had a booth for the USA. We love America! They served pizza and hot dogs.


This is the La Bamba. This is from Mexico. I wore the same dress and did that dance back in 6th grade, wow.

Lex had so much fun. He would go right up to the stage and dance.


He played with my cousins son, Julius. They were giving eachother high 5.


In this video, the are dancing the "Cueca" It is a flirtatious dance.

This dance is called the "Tinku" Benny is dancing it.

4 comments:

just jen said...

i didn't even know you went to that. how fun!

was that angela and pedro dancing?

Angela said...

FUN! I love the different cultures! So enertaining.

Stephanie said...

Oh wow, La Bamba! That brought back some fun memories of Miss King and the gym. And what about the one where you tie the bow? I loved being in Spanish Immersion. It was the best!

Rachel Leigh said...

It was fun, but can you please take those ugly pictures of me off? Thanks!!