Monday, June 16, 2008

Long Fun Weekend

These are a few photos at Primary Children's where Lex got his surgery done. He really didn't want anyone. He just wanted to leave. He kept pointing at the door to leave. It was sad. ben and I switched off trying to console him. He learned there how to throw a tantrum. He now will kick his legs when he is really mad. Not fun.
Here he is trying to pull off his medical tag. I don't blame him, those things are annoying.
They did not allow anyone in that was sick or who had been exposed to anything as well.
Here he is waiting for the surgery. He was happy here because there were a lot of toys and kids to play with. Do you like the pajamas? I thought they were kind of weird.
Here he is later that afternoon. he did really well. He was just out of it a bit, can you tell?
Saturday morning, since we are up anyway we went to Macey's and had a free breakfast. It was alright. They had eggs,bacon,sausage, and pancakes.
Lex sure enjoyed having 2 breakfasts. He loves outside so anything outside is a good thing.
Then later on that afternoon, we went to the summerfest at the park and spent most of the day there. I wasn't feeling too good. Lex had a blast. He even got a tan, for a white boy.
He is eating of course. He had popcorn, scones and all the yummy food.
Alyssa was sure cute and having fun with all the kids.

Here is the helicopter that flew over us.Lex waiting for the parade to start stole Ruth's caramel apple. Again, eating! This kid never quits.
All the kids enjoying the parade. Lex was so cute. he would not stop waving.

He did not say hello or hi, he said, "B" for bye.Even Jodie and her cute girls came. Dani is so adorable.
My mom was so excited to see this thing at the parade. It is called an Hablada. They had it back in her country at the festivals. cool, huh?
They had an awesome chinese dancing dragon.
Ben was taking the pictures and I think this was his favorite part of the parade, hahahaha.
The loud firetrucks.
Ben taking a self portrait of him and Lex. You can tell how much fun Ben really has!!!! I think they enjoyed the awesome fireworks. That is always my favorite part. I love fireworks!

Sunday, Happy Father's Day!

My husband is an amazing father. Lex already looks up to him so much. Lex respects him and has so much fun playing with him.
Lex with Grandpa. Lex loves to cook with him!
Lex playing with Alyssa.
Aunt Rachel with Lex right after he woke up from his nap.
These are my yummy desserts I made for Father's day. I have a confession, they look better than they taste.
The dads. reading their father's day cards.

Lex and Alyssa playing in the dirt, yay!
Maddie even came!

3 comments:

just jen said...

wow!

that was a post and a half!

free breakfast at macey's? yum.

is lex's eye better now? no more leaking?

i miss oremfest.

actually, i just miss orem.

Charlotte said...

i miss the family too... the kids look just adorable and so fun.

when will you know if the surgery worked?

Rachel Leigh said...

How fun, and I even made it in your blog! Woo Hoo! Lex is so fun, I wish I could hang out with him all day long!